This keto friendly Tuscan steak salad makes for a quick and tasty weeknight meal or weekend treat.
The steak is rubbed in garlic, lemon and rosemary to create an aromatic marinade and served on a bed of Tuscan kale and tomatoes.
Servings: 2 people
for the steak
- 2 rump steaks 200g each
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- a generous pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
for the kale
- 6 cherry tomatoes quartered
- 3 cups cavolo nero roughly chopped and stalks removed
- 1 clove garlic finely sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- a pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Add the steaks to a shallow dish and season generously with salt and pepper. Add the lemon zest, olive oil, rosemary and garlic and use your hands to rub the seasonings all over the meat.
- Heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Add the steaks and cook to preference – about 7 minutes for medium. Set aside to rest.
- Whilst the steaks are resting you can prepare the vegetables.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a low/medium heat and add the garlic. Sweat until tender.
- Add the kale, tomatoes, lemon juice, salt and pepper and increase the heat a little.
- Pan fry for 3-4minutes until the kale is just wilted and tomatoes are tender.
- Slice the rested steak and serve over the kale and tomatoes.
Calories: 673kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 61g | Fat: 46g | Fiber: 3g