Taco beef is an absolute must for any batch cooking or meal prep repertoire. This seasoned beef mince is quick to prepare in large quantities and versatile in its uses. Simply make up a batch and divide for lunch box salads or lettuce wraps and freeze any leftovers to be re-heated and served in low carb tortillas or with a portion of cauliflower rice. This taco beef will provide 8 servings but multiple meals so you will never get bored! A suggested list of serving toppings are listed below, just ensure to adjust your macros accordingly.
- 1 KG minced beef
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 green bell pepper finely diced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon mild chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 red onions finely diced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Spring onions
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced avocado
- red onions
- Fresh Coriander
- Add the minced beef to a large frying pan or wok over a medium/high heat. Fry the beef until it has browned all over.
- Add the onion, garlic and green pepper to the pan and continue to fry gently until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the dried spices to the pan along with the tomato puree, season and stir well to combine.
- Add the beef stock to the pan and bring to a simmer. Continue to cook gently for a further 10 minutes until all the stock has been absorbed.
- Divide into the required serving portions and serve with your preferred toppings. Allow any leftovers to cool completely before freezing.
Calories: 279kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 14g