Cauliflower is the perfect low carb alternative for any rice-based dish, and this Spanish inspired recipe is no exception.
This quick and easy dish lifts simple riced cauliflower with the sweetness of tomato, the smokiness of paprika, aromatic chorizo and juicy prawns. The perfect Friday night feast!
Servings: 2 people
- 500 g cauliflower rice
- 150 g king prawns cooked and peeled
- 250 g chicken thighs skinless bonless, sliced thinly
- 120 g chorizo
- 4 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ red onions finely chopped
- 0.5 can tomatoes chopped
- lime juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Slice the chorizo into ½ cm discs and heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan or wok over a medium heat.
- Add the chorizo to the pan, cooking until lightly browned all over and the chorizo has released its oils. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the chicken thigh strips to the pan and cook in the chorizo fat until cooked through.
- Reduce the pan heat and add the garlic and onion in olive oil, frying gently until tender.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the pan along with the riced cauliflower and stir well to combine, coating in the oils.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, lime zest, paprika, dried coriander and season well with salt and pepper. Stir to combine, cooking over a medium heat until all liquid has evaporated.
- Add the prawns to the pan along with the chorizo and chicken, and stir through the rice until completely cooked through and piping hot.
- Scatter with fresh coriander to serve and a wedge of lime.
Calories: 724kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 54g | Fat: 49g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 345mg | Sodium: 1490mg | Potassium: 1176mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 765IU | Vitamin C: 126.1mg | Calcium: 188mg | Iron: 5.3mg