These baked eggs offer a Spanish twist on a classic shakshuka. The eggs are baked in a tomato sauce loaded with rich and smoky chorizo, salty olives and aromatic paprik.
This is a great dish for brunching and sharing!
- 200 g chorizo roughly diced
- 6 black olives sliced
- 4 eggs medium
- 1.5 cups tomatoes chopped
- 1 small red onions finely diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 1 clove garlic finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius, 160 for fan assisted.
- Heat the olive oil in a shallow oven proof pan or skillet over a medium heat.
- Add the diced chorizo and cook until lightly golden all over and the chorizo turns the oil red.
- Add the onion, garlic, rosemary and paprika. Fry gently until tender and fragrant.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and sliced olives and bring to a simmer, stirring well to combine. Simmer for 5 minutes to reduce a little.
- Add the spinach and remove from the heat. Stir through until just wilted.
- Make four wells in the tomato mixture, cracking an egg into each.
- Transfer to the oven to bake for 8-10 minutes until the egg is baked to preference and the chorizo is completely cooked through.
- Scatter with fresh parsley to serve.
Calories: 708kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 56g | Fiber: 6g