This smoked haddock chowder has a rich and creamy broth packed with tender leeks and topped with crispy bacon crumbles.This makes for a warming lunch or dinner option, perfect served with keto flatbreads.
Servings: 2 people
- 2 rashers bacon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 small smoked haddock fillets roughly diced
- 1.5 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 large leek sliced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 large celery stalk diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 medium white onion diced
- 1/4 cup double cream
- 1/2 tbsp fresh chives finely chopped
- a pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium/high heat. Add the bacon and cook until really crisp and golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a large saucepan or casserole dish over a low/medium heat. Add the onion, celery and garlic and sweat gently until tender.
- Add the cream cheese and lemon zest. Stir well until the cheese has melted.
- Add the stock to the pan and stir well to combine. Increase the heat and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce to a simmer for a few minutes to thicken and reduce a little.
- Add the sliced leeks and stir well to combine. Simmer for a minute or two until just tender.
- Add the diced haddock, season to taste and continue to simmer for a further 4-5 minutes or until the fish is completely cooked through.
- Add the cream and stir through.
- Crumble over the crispy bacon and scatter with the fresh chives to serve.
Calories: 509kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 32g | Fiber: 1g