This slow cooker turkey stew is packed with Mediterranean flavours and low carb vegetables to provide a hearty and warming lunch or dinner. Perfect served with a slice of buttered keto bread!This recipe is ideal for batch cooking and freezing portions for future meals.
Servings: 4 people
- 750 g turkey thigh skin on, bone in
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 large celery stalk roughly diced
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 small fennel quartered
- 1 medium red onion quartered
- 1 medium red bell pepper deseeded and sliced into thick strips
- 1 large courgette sliced into 1 inch discs
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- a pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Add the turkey thigh to a slow cooker and nestle all the chopped vegetables, onion and garlic around the meat.
- Season to taste, sprinkle over the dried herbs and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Pour over the vinegar, tomatoes, stock and capers.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and set to high for 6 hours or low for 8 hours, cooking until the meat is tender and falling from the bone.
- Remove the turkey thigh from the stew, shred the meat and discard the skin and bones.
- Return the shredded meat to the stew and scatter with fresh parsley to serve.
Calories: 484kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 54g | Fat: 23g | Fiber: 5g