This low carb Thai curry is packed with aromatic herbs and spices, creamy coconut and omega 3 rich salmon. The curry paste is made from scratch and requires the use of a good food processor!
The curry is served over a portion of cauliflower rice but would be just as delicious with courgette noodles.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil extra virgin
- 2 fillets anchovies
- 2 salmon skinless and roughly diced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 thumb sized piece fresh ginger peeled
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- 1 small red chilli de-seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ small red bell pepper sliced
- ½ stalk lemongrass roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup green beans halved
- ¼ medium white onions finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh coriander
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- To prepare the curry paste, add the ginger, garlic, lemongrass, chilli, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, ground cumin, ground coriander, lime juice, black pepper, anchovy fillets and one tablespoon of the coconut milk to a food processor.
- Blend to combine forming a thick paste.
- Heat the remaining coconut oil in a large pan or casserole dish over a medium heat. Add the onion and sweat until tender.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the curry paste to the pan. Stir well to combine and cook for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the remaining coconut milk and stock to the pan. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the pepper, beans and salmon to the curry sauce and simmer for a further 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the fish is cooked through.
- Whilst the salmon is cooking, add the cauliflower rice to a small pan with a tablespoon of water and cook for a minute or two until hot through.
- Serve the curry over the cauliflower rice and scatter with fresh coriander.
Calories: 457kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 36g | Fiber: 4g