This spicy sausage spaghetti is ideal for quick and easy weeknight dinners and the sauce can easily be made ahead in batches for freezing.The recipe uses peeled courgette strips to create a low carb tagliatelle, but you can use store bought courgette spaghetti if you prefer.
Servings: 2 people
- 4 pork sausages diced into 2.5 cm chunks
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 small courgettes (zucchini) peeled into wide strips
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 200 g tinned tomatoes chopped
- ½ medium red onion sliced
- ½ tsp dried chili flakes
- 50 g mushrooms sliced
- 120 ml chicken stock
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over a medium/high heat. Add the diced sausage and cook until browned all over.
- Add a second tablespoon of olive oil and reduce the heat. Add the onion, garlic, oregano, mushrooms and chili flakes. Stir well to combine, cooking until tender and fragrant.
- Add the stock and tomatoes and stir well, loosening any caramelisation at the bottom of the pan. Simmer for 10 minutes to reduce the sauce.
- Whilst the sauce is cooking, heat the remaining olive oil in a large pan over a low/medium heat. Add the courgette spaghetti, season and cook briefly, tossing in the oil until just tender.
- Toss the spaghetti with the tomato sauce to serve.
Calories: 976kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 82g | Fiber: 4g