These baked eggs offer a Spanish twist on a classic shakshuka. The eggs are baked in a tomato sauce loaded with rich and smoky chorizo, salty olives and aromatic paprika.This is a great dish for brunching and sharing!
- 200 g chorizo roughly diced
- 6 black olives sliced
- 4 medium eggs
- 5 tomatoes chopped
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic finely sliced
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 30 g baby spinach
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F), 160°C (325°F) for fan assisted.
- Heat the olive oil in a shallow oven proof pan or skillet over a medium heat.
- Add the diced chorizo and cook until lightly golden all over and the chorizo turns the oil red.
- Add the onion, garlic, rosemary and paprika. Fry gently until tender and fragrant.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and sliced olives and bring to a simmer, stirring well to combine. Simmer for 5 minutes to reduce a little.
- Add the spinach and remove from the heat. Stir through until just wilted.
- Make four wells in the tomato mixture, cracking an egg into each.
- Transfer to the oven to bake for 8-10 minutes until the egg is baked to preference and the chorizo is completely cooked through.
- Scatter with fresh parsley to serve.
Calories: 708kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 56g | Fiber: 6g