This king prawn stew is loaded with low carb vegetables in a spiced tomato broth and topped with creamy avocado.This is a great option for a quick and easy weeknight dinner and for batch cooking future meals.
Servings: 2 people
- 100 g raw king prawns
- 2 small sticks celery roughly diced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 360 ml chicken stock
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 tomatoes chopped
- 1 small avocado
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- ½ medium red bell pepper de-seeded and sliced into strips
- ½ medium yellow bell pepper de-seeded and sliced into strips
- ½ small red onion finely diced
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 5 g fresh coriander (cilantro) roughly chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan or casserole dish over a low/medium heat.
- Add the celery, onion and garlic and sweat gently until tender.
- Add the bell pepper strips and dried spices and stir well to combine. Cook until just tender and fragrant.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stock and stir well to combine. Bring to a gentle boil then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the prawns and stir well. Continue to simmer until the prawns have turned pink and are cooked through.
- Peel and pit the avocado and dice into small cubes.
- Top the stew with the diced avocado and fresh coriander. Drizzle with sour cream to serve.
Calories: 347kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 27g | Fiber: 10g