This simple but tasty brunch option is packed with flavour from crispy pork and caramelized vegetables, topped with fried eggs. This low carb sausage and bacon hash is a great lazy brunch for sharing, prepared in one pan to minimize washing up!
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 pork sausages gluten free
- 4 bacon rashers (strips) roughly diced
- 1 medium leek rinsed and sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 75 g mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- 60 g baby spinach
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tbsp fresh chives finely chopped
- salt and pepper to season
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan (skillet) over a medium heat.
- Squeeze the sausage meat out of its casing into the pan and break apart with a wooden spoon, so that you have small bite sized chunks. Cook until browned all over then remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside, retaining the fat in the pan.
- Add the diced bacon to the pan and fry until browned all over. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside with the sausage meat.
- Heat another tablespoon of olive oil in the pan and add the leeks, garlic and mushrooms. Season and sweat until just tender.
- Return the sausage and bacon to the pan and continue to fry until the meat is cooked through with crispy edges and the vegetables have caramelised. Add the spinach and stir through until just wilted.
- Whilst the sausage mixture is browning, heat the remaining olive oil in a separate pan and fry the eggs to preference.
- Top the hash with the fried eggs and scatter over the chives to serve.
Calories: 530kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 47g | Fiber: 2g