This low carb take on a full English is packed with flavour and prepared in one pan – keeping the washing up to a minimum! This is a great hearty option for lazy weekend brunching.
- 4 pork sausages gluten free
- 4 bacon rashers (strips) roughly diced
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp fresh sage finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 50 g mushrooms sliced
- ½ small red onion finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- salt and pepper to season
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan (skillet) over a medium heat. Add the sausages and cook until browned all over.
- Add the remaining olive oil along with the diced bacon, onion, garlic, mushrooms and sage. Cook until the bacon is crisp and the vegetables are tender.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan, season and stir everything together well to combine. Simmer for a minute or two to heat through.
- Make four wells in the pan and crack the eggs in.
- Cover the pan with a lid, cooking the eggs to preference and ensuring the sausages are completely cooked through.
- Season with a pinch of pepper and scatter over fresh thyme to serve.
Calories: 468kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 40g | Fiber: 2g