These low carb kebabs are rich with salty halloumi and complemented by sweet onion and bell peppers.The kebabs are oven-baked until tender and golden but would equally make a great addition to a summer BBQ. Perfect served with a simple salad or a portion of cauliflower rice.
Servings: 2 people
- 225 g halloumi diced into twelve 1-inch chunks
- ½ medium yellow bell pepper de-seeded and diced into 8
- ½ medium red bell pepper de-seeded and diced into 8
- 1 medium red onion peeled and quartered
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- Cover 4 wooden kebab skewers with water and leave to soak for 20 minutes.
- Add the diced Halloumi to a large mixing bowl with the bell peppers, onion, garlic, thyme, lemon juice, olive oil and black pepper. Rub the oil and seasonings into the cheese and vegetables with your hands. Set aside until the skewers are ready.
- Preheat the oven to 100°C (200°F) or 80°C (180°F) for fan assisted.
- Dividing equally, thread the vegetables and cheese onto the skewers.
- Arrange the skewers across a shallow oven tray and bake for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the cheese is just soft and golden.
Calories: 454kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 35g | Fiber: 2g