These deliciously rich ravioli parcels are stuffed with a blend of creamy ricotta, tangy parmesan, aromatic chorizo and wilted spinach. Wafer thin chicken slices are used in place of traditional pasta to encase the filling before pan frying until golden. The ravioli is then topped with a rich tomato and rosemary sauce.
- 120 g chorizo finely diced
- 12 slices wafer thin chicken
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary leaves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 30 g baby spinach
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ medium red onion finely diced
- 85 g ricotta cheese
- 70 g tinned tomatoes chopped
- salt and pepper to season
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan (skillet) over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, chorizo and half the rosemary. Fry gently until the vegetables are tender and the chorizo is golden brown and cooked through.
- Add the spinach to the pan and stir through until just wilted. Remove from the heat to cool.
- Transfer the cooled chorizo mixture to a food processor and add the ricotta, parmesan, paprika and lemon zest. Season with a little salt and pepper and pulse to form a thick paste.
- Arrange the chicken slices across a clean work surface. Take a generous teaspoon of the chorizo mixture and spoon a strip down the center of each chicken slice, almost reaching the edges.
- Taking one side at a time, fold the edges of the chicken around the chorizo mixture, overlapping the edges and sealing the filling within a tight parcel. You can use a little extra filling as a ‘glue’ to help stick the edges down.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Once hot, add 6 of the ravioli, seam side down. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly golden and completely cooked through.
- Repeat this process with the remaining 6 ravioli in another tablespoon of oil.
- Whilst the ravioli is cooking, add the chopped tomatoes to a small pan with the remaining olive oil and rosemary. Bring to a gentle boil then simmer until thickened – about 4-5 minutes.
- Serve the ravioli topped with the tomato sauce and a sprinkle of the remaining parmesan.
Calories: 699kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 58g | Fiber: 2g