These breakfast egg muffins are perfect to cook in bulk for breakfasts on the go, brunch or a snack in between meals.These can be batch prepared and frozen for future use. Simply heat through thoroughly in a microwave!
Servings: 4 people
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 medium eggs
- 4 bacon rashers (strips) roughly diced
- 100 g mushrooms sliced
- 60 g baby spinach
- 60 g cheddar cheese grated
- salt and pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) or 160°C (325°F) for fan assisted and lightly grease 8 muffin tray cups with a little olive oil.
- Beat the eggs and cheese together in a mixing bowl and season generously. Set aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan (skillet) over a medium heat and add the diced bacon, cooking until browned all over.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan with the bacon and add the remaining oil. Cook until the mushrooms are just tender.
- Add the spinach and stir through until just wilted, then remove from the heat to cool.
- Tip the cooled bacon and vegetables into the egg and cheese and mix everything together well to combine.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the 8 greased muffin cups and transfer to the oven to bake for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
Calories: 259kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 21g | Fiber: 1g