These Mediterranean keto inspired bell peppers are stuffed with minced turkey, cauliflower rice, tomato and basil, topped with a sprinkling of tangy goats cheese.These bell peppers are a great lunch option if serving one pepper half or two pepper halves make for a filling dinner served with a green salad.
Servings: 2 people
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 250 g minced turkey (ground turkey) thigh meat
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ small red onion finely diced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 240 ml chicken stock
- 100 g cauliflower rice
- 7 g fresh basil
- 30 g goats cheese crumbled
- salt and pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), 180°C (350°F) for fan assisted.
- Slice the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and core.
- Arrange the pepper halves cut side up on a shallow oven tray and drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil. Season to taste.
- Transfer the peppers to the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
- Whilst the peppers are cooking, heat the remaining olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the turkey, garlic and onion and cook until the turkey is browned all over.
- Add the oregano, diced tomato and tomato purée. Stir well to combine.
- Add the stock, cauliflower rice and fresh basil. Stir well and simmer for 5–7 minutes until the stock has reduced right down.
- Divide the turkey mixture evenly between the part cooked peppers and return to the oven to bake for a further 12-15 minutes until piping hot through.
- Crumble the goats cheese over the hot peppers to serve.
Calories: 398kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 27g | Fiber: 3g