Pancakes are the ultimate brunch time treat. These creme fraiche pancakes are topped with omega three rich smoked salmon for added breakfast indulgence! These pancakes are great for stacking or serving individually.
- 100 g smoked salmon
- 3 medium eggs
- 3 tbsp creme fraiche
- 2 tsp erythritol (optional)
- 15 g unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp fresh chives finely chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 85 g ground almonds
- 40 g ground flaxseed
- 60 ml water
- salt and pepper to season
- To prepare the pancake batter, add the ground almonds, flax, butter, one tablespoon of creme fraiche and a generous pinch of salt and pepper to a food processor. If you would like a sweetness to your pancakes, add the erythritol. Blend well to form a thick paste.
- Add the eggs and blend until smooth.
- Slowly add the water a little at a time, blending until you have a thick pancake batter.
- Heat a little olive oil in a non-stick frying pan (skillet) over a medium heat, just enough to lightly coat the pan. Carefully pour 1/3 cup of batter into the pan forming a circle roughly 3 and 1/2 inches wide. If you have a large pan you can do two at a time.
- Let the pancake cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles start to appear on the surface and the underside is golden brown. Flip the pancakes and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until golden brown all over and cooked through.
- Repeat this process for the remaining batter, keeping cooked pancakes warm in foil. You should get 6 pancakes from the batter.
- To serve, stack 3 pancakes per person, layering them with the smoked salmon. Top each with the remaining creme fraiche and scatter with the fresh chives.
Calories: 588kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 50g | Fiber: 6g