These juicy baked tomatoes are stuffed with tender lamb, aromatic spices and topped with tangy feta cheese. Great meal to make if you are in the a keto diet.Two tomatoes make a filling dinner option or simply enjoy one for lunch served with a green salad.
Servings: 4 people
- 400 g minced lamb (ground lamb)
- 4 medium beef tomatoes (beefsteak tomatoes)
- 2 tbsp feta cheese crumbled
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander (cilantro) chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried cumin
- 1 tsp dried coriander
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- ½ medium red onion finely diced
- 120 ml chicken stock
- Carefully slice the top off each tomato to create a lid. Set to one side.
- Gently loosen the flesh inside the tomato with a sharp knife then scoop out the seeds and pulp. Finely chop the tomato flesh and set aside with the tomato juices.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F), 160°C (325°F) for fan assisted.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a low/medium heat.
- Add the onion and sweat until tender. Add the garlic, cooking gently until fragrant.
- Add the lamb, stir well and cook until browned all over.
- Add the dried herbs, spices, tomato purée and reserved tomato flesh and juices. Stir well to combine.
- Add the stock and simmer until reduced right down.
- Divide the lamb mixture between the hollowed tomatoes, pressing in firmly.
- Scatter the feta over the lamb and replace the tomato lids.
- Arrange the tomatoes on a shallow oven tray and drizzle with the remaining oil. Transfer to the oven to bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through and the tomatoes are tender.
- Scatter with fresh coriander and pine nuts to serve.
Calories: 395kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 28g | Fiber: 3g