These simple yet flavoursome keto lamb koftas are an excellent meal prep idea for lunch boxes or simply when you need food to grab and go. The recipe will make 3 individual koftas per 1 portion. The koftas can be cooked then divided between lunch portions for the week and any remaining koftas can be frozen.The koftas are served alongside a simple chopped salad with a tahini dressing. The salad ingredients will provide enough for 10 portions also and can be made ahead and stored in the fridge for several days.
For the Koftas
- 1 kg minced lamb (ground lamb)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp dried coriander leaf
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ small red onion finely diced
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
For The Chopped Salad
- 10 small spring onions (green onions) finely chopped
- 50 g pine nuts
- ½ red cabbage (approx 800g) finely chopped
- 2 large cucumber finely chopped
- 480 g black olives pitted and halved
- 20 g fresh coriander (cilantro)
For the tahini dressing
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ lemon juiced
- a pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) or 180°C (350°F) for fan assisted.
- Add the lamb mince to a large mixing bowl along with all the dried herbs, spices, salt and pepper. Using your hands, mix the ingredients together thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture evenly into 30 balls then press into oblong/flat sausage shapes, about 1 cm thick.
- Arrange the koftas across a shallow oven tray and bake for 15-17 minutes until completely cooked through.
- The tahini sauce will provide 10 servings. This can be made fresh each time you prepare your salad or you can make a batch to last a few days, simply divide the ingredients accordingly. To prepare the tahini sauce add the tahini, water, lemon juice and the garlic to a small mixing bowl with a pinch of salt. Whisk together until smooth.
- To assemble your salad, add the diced spring onions, cabbage, cucumber, pine nuts and olives to a serving bowl or lunch box. Drizzle over the tahini dressing and top with 3 koftas and scatter with fresh coriander.
Calories: 419kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 32g | Fiber: 3g