These creamy scrambled eggs make for a decadent breakfast treat – perfect for lazy weekend brunches or when you fancy something a little different. The recipe calls for the use of dairy, however, the cream can be omitted, and the butter replaced with olive oil to make the recipe dairy-free.
- 4 small eggs
- 2 tbsp single cream (light cream)
- 1 tbsp fresh chives finely chopped
- 15 g unsalted butter
- 30 g smoked salmon
- 2 medium avocados ripe
- salt and pepper to season
- Add the eggs to a mixing bowl along with the cream, chives, salt and pepper. Beat together well to combine.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan (skillet) over a medium heat. Add the beaten egg mixture and allow it to settle and start cooking briefly.
- Use a spatula or slice to scramble the eggs, cooking to preference.
- Whilst the eggs are cooking, carefully slice each avocado in half lengthways and remove the pit. Peel away the outer skin, taking care not to break the avocado.
- Once the eggs are cooked, divide equally between the four prepared avocado halves.
- Roughly chop or flake the salmon and arrange on top of the eggs to serve.
Calories: 571kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 47g | Fiber: 17g