This Keto Chilli Con Carne is a take on a classic chilli con carne which uses diced green beans in place of kidney beans for added texture and bite.This chilli is perfect served with a portion of cauliflower rice, low carb tortillas, sour cream or grated cheese! Once you have created your chilli you can get creative with your choice of toppings, just be sure to adjust your macros accordingly.
Servings: 4 people
- 500 g minced beef (ground beef)
- ½ large red bell pepper diced
- ½ medium red onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 240 ml beef stock
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 75 g green beans diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 large spring onion (green onion) diced
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander (cilantro) chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the beef, onion and pepper and stir well. Cook until the beef is just browned all over.
- Add the garlic, cumin, ground coriander and chilli powder and cook for a further minute to soften.
- Add the tomato purée, balsamic vinegar and lime juice. Stir well to combine.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stock, stir well and bring up to a gentle boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 20-25 minutes until the sauce has reduced.
- Add the green beans and stir well to combine. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes until the beans are tender.
- Scatter the chilli with coriander and spring onions and top with fresh sliced avocado to serve.
Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 23g | Fiber: 5g