This pasta keto salad is inspired by the flavours of a classic Italian Caprese and topped with tender strips of chicken.This is a simple yet tasty option for lunches and perfect for meal prepping.
Servings: 2 people
- 250 g chicken breast cut into strips
- 8 pearl mozzarella balls
- 6 sundried tomatoes roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 230 g courgetti (zoodles)
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- salt and pepper to season
- Whisk together the lemon juice with one tablespoon of olive oil, the garlic and a little salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken fillets to a mixing bowl and drizzle over the lemon and oil mixture. Cover and refrigerate for ten minutes.
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium/high heat.
- Add the marinated chicken strips and cook for four minutes each side or until golden brown and completely cooked through.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking you can assemble the salad. Add the courgette noodles to a large serving bowl along with the remaining olive oil, lemon zest, sundried tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Toss well to combine.
- Top the salad with the cooked chicken pieces to serve.
Calories: 474kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 30g | Fiber: 2g