This sweet and creamy chia coconut pudding is topped with a low carb blueberry jam and rich with tropical coconut. This is a great option for a sweet keto breakfast. Chia pudding will keep well in the fridge for several days, making this a perfect choice for meal prepping. This also makes an ideal portable breakfast for busy mornings – simply grab and go! The recipe calls for coconut milk, this is the drinking variety, not the canned cooking version.
- 960 ml coconut milk unsweetened
- 125 g chia seeds
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp desiccated coconut unsweetened
- 190 g fresh blueberries
- ½ tbsp erythritol
- liquid stevia to taste
- To prepare the blueberry jam, simply add the blueberries and erythritol to a small pan with the water and bring up to boil.
- Mash the blueberries with the back of a fork and then reduce to a simmer. Continue to simmer until all the liquid has evaporated and you have a thick jam consistency. This will thicken further once cold. Set aside to cool.
- To prepare the chia pudding, add the coconut milk to a large mixing bowl along with the chia seeds. Stir well to combine.
- Set aside for 10 minutes to allow the chia to thicken and gel. Stir the mixture well then divide evenly between four sealable mason jars.
- Transfer the jars to the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour, preferably overnight. Transfer the jam to a sealable container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To serve, divide the blueberry jam evenly between the four mason jars, topping the chia pudding. Scatter with desiccated coconut to serve.
Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 15g | Fiber: 12g