Cauliflower is a typical staple of the keto diet, as it contains just 4% carbs and is neutral in flavour, making it extremely versatile. This cauliflower rice dish is a great accompaniment to fish dishes, stews and meat dishes, easily replacing rice, couscous and pasta! Cauliflower rice is a versatile side dish that really doesn't require any extra flavours beyond basic seasoning. But if you feel like spicing things up a bit, try experimenting with paprika, coriander or toasted cumin seeds!
Servings: 2 people
- ½ medium cauliflower
- 15 g unsalted butter
- salt and pepper to season
- Using a grater or a food processor, grate the cauliflower into a mixing bowl. Season the grated cauliflower with salt and pepper and the optional spices and herbs of your choice.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan (skillet) at a medium heat and add the cauliflower rice. Cook the cauliflower rice for about 6 minutes until softened, but not overcooked.
- Alternatively, you can cook your cauliflower rice in the microwave. Place in a microwavable bowl and cover with cling film. Pierce the cling film and microwave for 7 minutes. With this method, add the seasoning after cooking.
- Simply roast at 180°C (350°F) in a fan oven for approximately 20 minutes.
Calories: 87kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Fiber: 4g