This simple breakfast burger stack uses sausage meat to create the burger patty and is topped with bacon, egg, avocado and tomato.The burger is stacked on a lettuce base which can be wrapped around the burger for serving or simply slice and enjoy!
Servings: 2 people
- 3 pork sausages gluten free
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bacon rashers (strips) unsmoked
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium tomato
- ½ medium avocado
- salt and pepper to season
- Squeeze the sausage meat from their skins and add to a mixing bowl. Use your hands to divide the meat into two even burger patties.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan (skillet) over a medium heat and add the sausage patties. Fry until golden brown on one side – about 4 minutes, then flip and fry the other side until golden brown and completely cooked through.
- Whilst the burgers are cooking, heat another tablespoon of olive oil in a separate pan and add the bacon, cooking until crisp and golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and add the eggs, cooking to preference.
- Whilst the eggs are cooking you can assemble the burger. Arrange a large lettuce leaf on each plate and layer each with a burger patty. Arrange the sliced tomato and avocado on top of the burger. Layer each with a rasher of bacon and top with a fried egg. Season to taste.
Calories: 757kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 71g | Fiber: 4g