This low carb soup is inspired by a classic paprikash, rich with aromatic paprika and sweet bell pepper.Loaded with flavour, fats and low carb veggies, this is a great option for batch cooking. Simply multiply the quantities as required and freeze leftover portions for future meals.
Servings: 4 people
- 500 g pork mince
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1.5 cups white cabbage roughly chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper de-seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat and add the pork mince. Cook until browned all over.
- Add the onion, garlic, bell pepper and cabbage and stir well to combine. Sweat gently until just tender.
- Add the paprika and tomatoes and stir into the vegetables.
- Add the stock and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Spoon over sour cream and scatter with fresh parsley to serve.
Calories: 481kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 32g | Fiber: 3g