These Spanish inspired meatballs are baked in a rich, smokey tomato and chorizo sauce and topped with tangy manchego cheese. Perfect served alongside a green salad or with a portion of cauliflower rice.This is a great option for batch cooking as you can simply multiply the ingredient quantities as required and divide into individual portions for freezing.
Servings: 2 people
- 300 grams pork minced
- 50 grams chorizo roughly diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic 1 minced, 1 sliced
- 1.5 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup manchego cheese grated
- 1/2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 tbsp fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1/4 medium red onion finely diced
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celcius, 180 for fan assisted.Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan over a low/medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and rosemary and sweat until tender and fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- Whilst the vegetables are cooling, add the mince to a mixing bowl with the paprika, a tablespoon of grated manchego, salt and pepper.
- Add the cooled vegetable mixture to the bowl and use your hands to combine the pork with the seasonings. Divide into 16 even meatballs.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the frying pan and add the meatballs, cooking until browned all over.
- Whilst you are cooking the meatballs, add the diced chorizo to a separate oven proof pan over a medium heat, cooking until fragrant and the chorizo has released its oils.
- Add the thyme, remaining garlic, tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and stock. Mix well to combine and bring to a gentle boil. Add the meatballs to the pan. Cover with foil and transfer to the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
- Uncover the meatballs and scatter over the remaining cheese and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the meatballs are completely cooked through.
Calories: 802kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 56g | Fat: 60g | Fiber: 3g