This easy one pan keto breakfast is packed with low carb veggies, salty bacon and nutrient-dense eggs.This is a simple yet tasty option- perfect for weekend brunching!
Servings: 2 people
- 180 g sprouts washed and halved
- 4 rashers streaky bacon roughly diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups kale tough stalks removed
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 eggs
- a pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius, 180 for fan assisted.
- Add the sprouts to a sheet pan or shallow baking tray along with the diced bacon. Drizzle with half the olive oil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Whilst the sprouts are cooking, add the kale to a mixing bowl along with the thyme leaves, remaining olive oil, garlic and a little salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Add the kale to the tray with the bacon and sprouts and mix everything together. Bake for a further 5 minutes so the kale just starts to crisp.
- Remove the tray from the oven and create two wells in the mixture. Crack an egg into each well, season with a little salt and pepper, then return to the oven to bake for 7-8 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, the bacon is cooked and the egg is done to preference.
Calories: 246kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 18g | Fiber: 3g