This keto friendly take on beef chili is perfect for making up in batches and freezing for future meals. The recipe will provide 6 generous portions which can be accompanied by your choice of toppings such as grated cheddar or sour cream, and simply served with a portion of cauliflower rice or in a lettuce wrap.
- 1 kg minced beef
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onions finely diced
- 1 tablespoon mild chilli powder
- 1 red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- ½ green bell pepper finely diced
- ½ tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ tablespoon smoked paprika
- ¼ cup tomato puree
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the peppers, onion and garlic to the pan and sweat until tender. About 3-4 minutes.
- Add the beef mince, season with salt and pepper and stir well to combine. Continue to cook until the beef has browned all over.
- Add all the herbs and spices to the pan, stirring into the beef and vegetables.
- Add the tomato and tomato puree to the pan. Mix well to combine.
- Add the stock to the pan and bring to a gentle boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cover and continue to cook for an hour until the sauce has thickened and reduced.
Calories: 434kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 23g