This layered tuna salad is packed with texture and flavour. This is ideal for meal prepping as it can be made in bulk and divided into individual lunch portions.
This makes a great sharing salad bowl or individual mason jar salads providing a perfect portable lunch!
- 120 g tuna flaked
- 6 cherry tomatoes sliced
- 4 small spring onions finely sliced
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons capers chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 2 eggs hardboiled, sliced
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise heaped
- 1 small avocados peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cucumber sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- To prepare the tuna mayo, add the tuna to a mixing bowl along with the lemon zest, capers, mayonnaise and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix together well to combine.
- To assemble the salad, arrange the lettuce in the base of a salad bowl (or divided between individual jars).
- Layer the sliced tomato over the lettuce, followed by the cucumber and sliced egg.
- Spoon the tuna mayo over the egg layer and top with sliced avocado.
- Scatter the spring onions over the top of the salad and drizzle with the lemon juice and olive oil to serve.
Calories: 427kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 35g | Fiber: 7g