These breakfast stacks are a great low carb alternative to a bacon and egg sandwich. Portobello mushrooms are topped with tangy guacamole, bacon and egg for the perfect weekend breakfast!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 2 large portobello mushrooms caps (stalks removed)
- 2 rashers bacon
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 cherry tomatoes roughly diced
- 1 small avocados ripe
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh coriander finely chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- To prepare the guacamole, add the avocado to a mixing bowl along with the tomatoes, lime juice, coriander and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Roughly mash together with a fork to combine and set aside.
- Brush the mushroom caps all over with a little olive oil and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Preheat a grill to high and arrange the mushrooms top side down on a grill tray. Cook for 6-7 minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked through and tender.
- Whilst the mushrooms are cooking, heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan and cook the bacon through until just crisp.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a second pan and cook the eggs to preference.
- To assemble the breakfast stacks, arrange the cooked mushrooms top side down and divide the guacamole between the two.
- Top the guacamole layer with a slice of bacon and then the fried egg. Serve immediately.
Calories: 417kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 38g | Fiber: 6g