This courgette low carb spaghetti is coated in a flavoursome Italian Trapanese sauce and packed with juicy king prawns.This is a simple yet tasty option for weeknight dinners.
Servings: 2 people
for the spaghetti
- 150 g raw king prawns
- 2 cups courgette spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic finely sliced
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- a pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
for the trapanese
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 2.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp parmesan
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp blanched almonds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh basil roughly chopped
- To prepare the trapanese, add the almonds to a dry pan over a low/medium heat. Toast gently for a few minutes until lightly golden.
- Once the almonds are cool enough to handle, finely chop them and add to a strong mixing bowl or pestle. Use the end of a rolling pin or mortar to grind them up further.
- Slice the tomatoes in half and scoop out the seeds. Roughly chop the flesh and add to the bowl along with the almonds.
- Add the Parmesan, garlic, basil, lemon zest and salt. Mix together well to combine.
- Add the olive oil and stir well. Set aside.
- To prepare the spaghetti, heat the oil in a large pan over a low/medium heat and gently sweat the garlic.
- Add the prawns and lemon juice and increase the heat to pan fry the prawns until they have turned pink.
- Tip the courgette spaghetti into the pan with the prawns and stir well. Continue to cook until the courgette is just tender and the prawns are cooked through.
- Spoon over the trapanese sauce and stir well to combine, coating the spaghetti and prawns in the sauce until hot through.
Calories: 356kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 28g | Fiber: 3g