This low carb take on a Salmon Nicoise Salad is packed with healthy fats from omega 3 rich salmon and organic eggs. Tender radishes are used in place of the traditional potato and served on a bed of spinach, tossed with buttery green beans. The salad is dressed with a rich and salty tapenade of kalamata olives, capers and fresh parsley.
For the salad:
- 100 g green beans tough ends removed
- 8 small radishes ends removed and sliced in half
- 2 small salmon
- 2 eggs
- 2 generous handfuls baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the tapenade:
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 fillets anchovies
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup kalamata olives
- 3 tablespoons olive oil extra virgins
- 1/2 lemon lemon zest
- Add the eggs to a small pan and cover completely with cold water.
- Bring the water to a boil then reduce back down to a simmer. Cook the eggs for 6 minutes or 7 minutes to preference. (longer for a firmer yolk).
- Whilst the eggs are boiling you can prepare the tapenade. Add the parsley, capers, anchovy, garlic, olives and zest to a food processor and blend to a chunky paste.
- Slowly add the olive oil a little at a time and blend to form a semi-smooth paste. Taste and add more oil if needed.
- Remove the eggs from the water with a slotted spoon and run immediately under a cold tap.
- Crack and peel the shells and slice the eggs in half. Set aside.
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and add the salmon fillets. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side until lightly golden and cooked through.
- Flake the salmon and set aside.
- Whilst the salmon is cooking, add the green beans to a pan of salted, boiling water and simmer for a minute. Add the radishes and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until just tender.
- Drain the water, season the hot vegetables with a little salt and pepper and toss in the butter.
- To serve, divide the spinach between two plates and top each with half the buttered vegetables. Top each plate with half of the flaked salmon and two eggs halves. Drizzle the tapenade over the salad and garnish with a little fresh parsley to serve.
Calories: 724kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 59g