This low carb chili soup is packed with aromatic herbs and spices and topped with cooling sour cream and fresh coriander.
This is a great option for batch cooking as you can prepare the soup in bulk and freeze individual portions for future meals.
Servings: 4 people
- 4 tablespoons of sour cream
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- 2 large chicken thighs skinless and boneless
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh coriander chopped
- 2 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 stick of celery finely diced
- 1 tablespoon of tomato purée
- 1 cup of chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 cup of green beans sliced in half
- 1 cup of grated cheddar
- ½ medium red onion finely diced
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- The juice of half a lime
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan or casserole dish over a low/medium heat. Add the onion and celery and sweat until tender.
- Add the minced garlic and stir well, cooking gently until fragrant.
- Add the tomato purée and the dried herbs and spices. Stir into the vegetables to combine.
- Add the chicken thighs and stir to coat in the seasonings, then add the stock, lime juice and chopped tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil then cover and reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the pan and shred into bite sized chunks using two forks. Return to the saucepan along with the green beans.
- Continue to simmer for a further 5 minutes until the beans are tender.
- Top with sour cream, grated cheese and chopped cilantro to serve.
Calories: 332kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 23g