This low carb beef stroganoff has a rich and creamy sauce, loaded with tender steak strips and mushrooms.Perfect served with a side of green vegetables or a portion of cauliflower rice.
Servings: 2 people
- 370 g beef sirloin sliced into 1cm strips
- 2 cups white mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- 1.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp fresh chives chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup double cream
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced
- Heat the butter in a large pan or casserole dish over a medium heat. Add the onion and mushrooms and sweat until tender. Add the garlic and cook gently until soft and fragrant.
- Add the mustard and balsamic and stir well into the mushroom mixture.
- Add the stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes to reduce a little.
- Whilst the mushrooms are simmering, heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium/high heat. Add the beef strips, cooking until browned all over.
- Add the beef to the pan with the mushrooms and stir well. Season if required.
- Add the cream to the pan, stir well and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened and reduced and the beef is cooked through.
- Scatter with chives to serve.
Calories: 765kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 56g | Fat: 56g | Fiber: 2g