This lamb pilaf is rich with tender lamb, fluffy cauliflower rice, tart cranberries, crunchy almonds and topped with aromatic herbs.
This is a great recipe for making in bulk to be reheated for lunches throughout the week.
Servings: 4 people
- 500 g diced lamb leg
- 4 cardamom pods
- 4 cups of cauliflower rice
- 4 tablespoons of toasted almonds
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of sugar free dried cranberries
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 medium red onion sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint chopped
- A pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan or casserole dish over a medium/high heat. Add the diced lamb and onion and season to taste. Cook until the onion is tender and the lamb is browned all over.
- Add the garlic, cumin, coriander, ginger, cinnamon and cardamom pods. Stir well to combine.
- Add the cauliflower rice and stir well to combine, coating in the seasonings.
- Add the stock and cranberries and bring to a gentle boil, then simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed. Stir frequently.
- Scatter over the toasted almonds, mint and coriander to serve.
Calories: 525kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 27g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 417mg | Potassium: 1337mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 3590IU | Vitamin C: 93.7mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 5.3mg