This king prawn ramen is loaded with flavour from an aromatic spiced broth and packed with low carb veggies. Perfect for a warming lunch or weeknight dinners.The recipe calls for peeled courgette strips to create the noodles, but you can use store bought spiralised courgette if you prefer.
Servings: 4 people
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 2 small pak choi sliced lengthways
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 inch fresh ginger sliced
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup king prawns shelled
- 1 medium courgette peeled into strips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 whole red chili chopped
- Add the eggs to a pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil then simmer for 6 minutes. Drain and rinse immediately under cold water. Peel the eggs then set aside for serving.
- Whilst the eggs are cooking, add the garlic, ginger and chilli to a large saucepan or casserole dish.
- Add the stock, tamari, lime juice and sesame oil. Bring the mixture to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Whilst the stock is simmering, heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the Bok Choy and mushrooms and stir fry briefly for a minute or two until just tender.
- Strain the stock into the pan with the Bok Choy and mushrooms, discarding the solids so you have a clear broth.
- Add the king prawns to the broth for a couple of minutes to cook through, then stir through the noodles for a further minute to heat through.
- Divide the ramen between 4 bowls. Slice the eggs in half and arrange one half on each serving bowl. Scatter over the sesame seeds and fresh coriander.
Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 172mg | Sodium: 1485mg | Potassium: 291mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 21.2% | Vitamin C: 18.1% | Calcium: 8.8% | Iron: 9.6%