This keto salad is loaded with healthy fats and flavour from smoked mackerel, aromatic chorizo and creamy avocado.
This makes for a hearty lunch option or even a quick and easy light dinner.
Servings: 2 people
- 80 grams chorizo sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 smoked mackerel fillets small
- 1 small tomato sliced into thin wedges
- 1 clove garlic sliced
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 medium red onion sliced
- a generous pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Add the mackerel, cooking for 3-4 minutes on one side until golden. Flip and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, until completely cooked through. Flake the fish and set aside.
- Whilst the mackerel is cooking, heat the remaining olive oil in a separate pan over a medium heat and add the chorizo. Fry until golden and the chorizo releases its oils.
- Remove the chorizo from the pan with a slotted spoon, retaining the oil in the pan. Add the garlic and sweat until tender, then add in the lemon juice. Let this sizzle for a moment then remove from the heat.
- To assemble the salad, add the spinach, tomato, onion and avocado to a serving bowl. Season and toss to combine.
- Add the flaked mackerel and the chorizo and gently combine with the salad.
- Pour over the chorizo oil and lemon juice to serve.
Calories: 624kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 53g | Fiber: 4g