These simple yet flavoursome keto lamb koftas are an excellent meal prep idea for lunch boxes or simply when you need food to grab and go. The recipe will make 30 individual koftas providing 10 portions of 3. The koftas can be cooked then divided between lunch portions for the week and any remaining koftas can be frozen.The koftas are served alongside a simple chopped salad with a tahini dressing. The salad ingredients will provide enough for 10 portions also and can be made ahead and stored in the fridge for several days.
For the koftas
- 1 kg minced lamb
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons dried coriander leaf
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ small red onions finely diced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For The Chopped Salad
- 10 small spring onions finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons pine nuts
- 4 cups red cabbage finely chopped
- 4 cups cucumber finely chopped
- 4 cups black olives pitted and halved
- 1 cup fresh coriander
For the tahini dressing
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 clove garlic minced
- lemon juice
- sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius or 180 for fan assisted.
- Add the lamb mince to a large mixing bowl along with all the dried herbs, spices, salt and pepper. Using your hands, mix the ingredients together thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture evenly into 30 balls then press into oblong/flat sausage shapes, about 1 cm thick.
- Arrange the koftas across a shallow oven tray and bake for 15-17 minutes until completely cooked through.
- The tahini sauce will provide 10 servings. This can be made fresh each time you prepare your salad or you can make a batch to last a few days, simply divide the ingredients accordingly. To prepare the tahini sauce add the tahini, water, lemon juice and the garlic to a small mixing bowl with a pinch of salt. Whisk together until smooth.
- To assemble your salad, add the diced spring onions, cabbage, cucumber, pine nuts and olives to a serving bowl or lunch box. Drizzle over the tahini dressing and top with 3 koftas and scatter with fresh coriander.
Calories: 419kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 32g