These chicken liver skewers are protein-rich, nutrient-dense, quick to prepare and budget-friendly.Perfect served with a simple side salad or buttery green vegetables!
Servings: 4 people
- 400 g chicken livers sinew removed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cover 4 wooden skewers in water to soak for 20 minutes.
- Add the prepared livers to a mixing bowl along with the olive oil, lemon juice and zest, garlic, rosemary and a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Use your hands to mix together well, coating the livers in the seasonings.
- Preheat a grill to medium.
- Divide the livers evenly into four portions and thread them onto the soaked skewers.
- Arrange the skewers across a grill tray and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
Calories: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 10g