This deliciously simple keto dinner is loaded with healthy fats and complemented by flavoursome low carb veggies. Easy to prepare and quick to cook, this is a great go – to midweek dinner.The cod fillets are wrapped and roasted in bacon and served on a bed of silky cauliflower puree, infused with garlic. The dish is brought together by a simple salsa verde, packed with flavour as well as nutrition.
Servings: 2 people
- 4 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 fillets cod skinless
- 2 rashers bacon
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 2 fillets anchovies
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/2 lemon lemon zest
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius, 180 for fan assisted. Line a shallow oven tray with foil.
- Taking each cod fillet in turn, wrap a rasher of bacon tightly around the middle, overlapping underneath the fillet.
- Arrange the fillets on the lined oven tray and sprinkle with a pinch of black pepper and a light drizzle of olive oil. Transfer to the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes until the cod is cooked through, opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- Whilst the cod is cooking, remove the cauliflower stem and slice the top into even sized florets.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add the cauliflower florets. Reduce to a simmer and cook until tender – about 6-7 minutes. The cauliflower needs to be relatively soft but not overcooked.
- Whilst the cauliflower is cooking, add the parsley, basil, 1 clove of garlic, the anchovy fillets, capers, and lemon zest to a food processor. Pulse briefly to combine.
- Slowly add 3 tablespoons of olive oil to the food processor and continue to blend until you have a chunky salsa. Taste and adjust seasonings if required, adding extra oil for a thinner salsa. Set aside.
- Once the cauliflower has cooked, drain the water and add the cauliflower to a food processor. Add the remaining garlic, a generous tablespoon of olive oil, the sea salt and a pinch of pepper. Blend until silky smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings if required.
- Serve the cod fillets on top of the mash and drizzle over the salsa verde.
Calories: 562kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 440mg | Potassium: 1605mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 7.5% | Vitamin C: 175% | Calcium: 10.2% | Iron: 12.6%