These Italian inspired pork ribs are coated in an aromatic marinade and oven-baked until tender and caramelised. These are a great addition to a summer BBQ or simply served with a salad, slaw or why not try adding my Avocado and Pea Mash for a side dish packed with healthy fats?
Servings: 4 people
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juiced
- 1 tsp lemon zested
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1/2 tbsp fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper a generous pinch
- 500 g pork ribs
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius, 170 for fan assisted.
- Mix together the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, zest, garlic, tomato purée, rosemary, oregano, chilli, salt and pepper.
- Arrange the ribs across an oven tray and drizzle over 3/4 of the marinade. Reserve the rest to one side.
- Use your hands to coat the ribs in the marinade.
- Cover with foil and transfer to the oven for one hour to bake.
- After an hour, remove the foil and baste the ribs with the reserved marinade. Continue to cook for a further 30 minutes uncovered or until the pork is entirely cooked through.
Calories: 552kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 43g