This classic cheese omelette is loaded with a crispy bacon, cheddar and avocado filling, This makes for a filling brunch on its own or served with a simple side salad.
- 4 eggs medium
- 4 rashers bacon unsmoked
- 1 avocados peeled and sliced
- 1 spring onions finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter unsalted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 2/3 cup cheddar cheese grated
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and add the bacon. Cook through until golden brown and slightly crisp. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl with a generous pinch of salt and pepper, a tablespoon of water, the chives and half of the cheese. Beat together well to combine.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture and leave to settle and cook a little in the pan.
- As the egg starts to cook, use a spatula to push the cooked edges towards the centre, allowing any uncooked egg to flow into the gaps.
- Once the omelette is almost completely cooked, flip over to brown the other side. You can slide the omelette onto a plate to flip over for ease.
- Scatter the remaining cheese over half of the omelette and arrange the cooked bacon on top, layer over the sliced avocado and sprinkle over the spring onions. Cook for a further few minutes until the cheese has melted and the bacon is hot through.
- Carefully fold the uncovered omelette half over the filling to serve.
Calories: 736kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 65g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 411mg | Sodium: 708mg | Potassium: 732mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 26% | Vitamin C: 14.6% | Calcium: 33.3% | Iron: 14.1%