This low carb sushi salad bowl uses cucumber as a simple alternative to fiddly wraps and is packed with cauliflower rice, smoked salmon, king prawns and red bell pepper. Served with a simple salad and a tangy and spicy tamari dressing. This is a great lunch for sharing!
Servings: 2 people
for the sushi rolls
- 35 g smoked salmon
- 6 king prawns
- 1 tsp tamari sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 small red bell pepper
- 1/2 large cucumber sliced into 6, 1 & 1/4 inch discs
- 1/2 cup cauliflower rice
for the dressing
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
for the salad
- 4 small radishes thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 medium spring onion sliced
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander
- 1 medium avocado diced
- Add the cauliflower rice to a small pan along with a tablespoon of water. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes until all the liquid has evaporated. Stir in the sesame oil and tamari sauce and set aside to cool.
- Carefully scoop the centre out of the cucumber discs using a teaspoon, leaving roughly a
4mm thick edge. Dice the scooped cucumber flesh and set aside.
- Roughly chop the prawns and salmon and dice the pepper into small chunks.
- Once the rice has completely cooled, stuff a teaspoon full into each hollowed cucumber ring.
- Divide the prawns, salmon and peppers between the cucumber rings, so that they are tightly packed with filling.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Mix the diced avocado and spring onion with the reserved diced cucumber. Stir through the fresh cilantro and add to a large serving or salad bowl.
- Add the sushi filled cucumber to the bowl along with the spinach and sliced radishes.
- Scatter everything with sesame seeds and drizzle with the spiced tamari dressing to serve.
Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 19g | Fiber: 8g