A hearty and warming family favourite, this keto friendly fish pie is all the flavour minus the carbs. The sauce is naturally thickened with cream cheese and parmesan without the reliance on cornflour, providing a deliciously rich base for your seafood mix. The fish pie can be served alongside a mixed salad or with a serving of buttered green beans.
- 150 g king prawns cooked and peeled
- 100 g salmon diced
- 100 g haddock diced
- 100 g cod diced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan grated
- 2 tablespoons chives fresh chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tablespoon butter unsalted
- 1 medium cauliflower florets only
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ cup cream cheese
- ¼ cup single cream
- 1/2 lemon zest only
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius, or 180 degrees for fan assisted.
- Add the cauliflower florets to a large pan of boiling water and simmer until tender – about 6 minutes. Drain thoroughly and transfer to a food processor.
- Add the olive oil, 1 tablespoon of chives and a generous pinch of salt and pepper and blend until you have a smooth and creamy mash.
- Heat the butter in a large pan over a low/medium heat and add the minced garlic, sweating until tender.
- Add the cream to the pan and stir well to combine, heating the cream through.
- Add the cream cheese and parmesan, stirring into the cream and butter until melted. Simmer until you have a thick and creamy sauce.
- Add the diced fish pieces, prawns, lemon zest and remaining chives to the pan. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring well to combine.
- Remove the pan from the heat and transfer the fish mixture to a medium oven dish.
- Evenly spoon the cauliflower mash over the top of the fish mixture then transfer to the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes until bubbling, cooked through and golden brown on top.
Calories: 390kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 189mg | Sodium: 574mg | Potassium: 829mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 14.4% | Vitamin C: 96.2% | Calcium: 16.7% | Iron: 10.5%