This creamy chicken and bacon stew is both hearty and warming, perfect to have on hand in colder months. The recipe will provide 6 servings, simply cook and divide the portions as required and freeze any leftovers for future meals. Also great when paired with your keto flatbread.
- 12 chicken thighs skinless, bone in
- 12 rashers bacon roughly diced
- 6 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 3 cups mushrooms quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 sticks celery finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onions finely diced
- 1 litre chicken stock
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 Celcius or 180 for fan assisted.
- Heat the olive oil in a large casserole dish over a medium heat. Add the chicken thighs in batches, cooking until browned all over. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the celery, garlic, onion and bacon to the pan along with the thyme. Cook over a medium heat until the vegetables are tender and the bacon is crisp.
- Add the chicken stock to the pan and bring to a simmer for 1-2 minutes, stirring well.
- Add the mascarpone and mustard to the pan, stir well to combine.
- Return the chicken pieces to the pan, covering them in the sauce. Season, then cover the casserole dish and transfer to the oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove the stew from the oven and give everything a good stir. Add in the mushrooms and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Stir well and serve with keto bread or a portion of cauliflower rice.
Calories: 461kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 51g | Fat: 25g