This creamy artichoke soup is velvety smooth and topped with crispy bacon.Soup is a great option for batch cooking on a low carb diet. Simply multiply the soup ingredients as required and freeze extra portions for future meals.
Servings: 2 people
- 400 g canned artichoke hearts
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3.5 cups chicken stock
- 2 rashers bacon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic sliced
- 1 small white onion finely diced
- 1 medium celery stalk roughly chopped
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup double cream
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan or casserole dish over a low/medium heat.
- Add the onion, celery and garlic and sweat gently until tender.
- Drain the artichoke hearts and discard the liquid. Slice each artichoke in half.
- Add the artichokes, lemon zest and thyme to the pan. Stir well to combine and cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the stock and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Whilst the soup is cooking, heat the remaining oil in a pan over a high heat and add the bacon.
- Cook the bacon on both sides until golden and crispy. Set aside.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and process until smooth.
- Return the soup to a pan to heat through briefly before serving.
- Stir the cream through the soup and crumble the bacon over the top to serve.
Calories: 496kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 42g | Fiber: 8g