This hearty brunch is inspired by an American Cobb salad.
Typically including bacon, eggs and chicken, this recipe uses sausage in place of chicken to create a breakfast version of this classic dish.
This is simple to prepare yet hearty and filling brunch option for sharing. Perfect for arranging in individual bowls or presenting in a large serving dish.
- 4 rashers bacon diced
- 4 cherry tomatoes roughly chopped
- 2 gluten free pork sausages
- 2 eggs hardboiled, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1 small avocados peeled and sliced into strips
- 1 cup romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chives finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon blue cheese
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and cook the sausages until browned all over and entirely cooked through. Set aside to cool then slice into bite sized chunks.
- Whilst the sausage is cooling, add the diced bacon to the pan, cooking until golden and crisp. Set aside.
- To prepare the salad dressing, whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise and remaining olive oil until smooth. Crumble in the blue cheese and stir to combine.
- To assemble the salad, arrange the lettuce in a large serving bowl. Add in the cooled bacon pieces and sausage slices. Arrange the egg halves in amongst the salad then fill in the gaps with the chopped tomatoes. Arrange the avocado slices around the edge of the bowl.
- Season the salad with a little salt and pepper and spoon over the blue cheese dressing. Scatter over fresh chives to serve.
Calories: 549kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 50g | Fiber: 5g