These egg muffins are packed with fats and flavour from smokey chorizo, tender kale and aromatic rosemary. A little extra paprika is added to the mix to give the muffins a gorgeous golden hue!
These are perfect made ahead for breakfast, lunch or snacking!
Servings: 4 people
- 60 g cooking chorizo roughly diced
- 8 medium eggs
- 1.5 cups curly kale leaves only
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp red onion finely diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup parmesan grated
- a pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius, 160 for fan assisted and lightly oil 8 muffin tray cups.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a low/medium heat. Add the onion, and garlic and sweat gently until tender and fragrant.
- Add the chorizo, rosemary and paprika and cook through until the chorizo is golden brown and begins to release its oils into the pan.
- Add the kale and stir well. Cook for a minute or two until just wilted, then set the pan aside to cool.
- Whilst the filling is cooling, beat the eggs in a large bowl along with the Parmesan and season to taste.
- Add the cooled chorizo mixture to the beaten egg and stir well.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the 8 oiled muffin cups.
- Transfer to the oven to bake for 18-20 minutes until a rich golden colour.
Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 21g