This low carb adaptation of chicken noodle soup is loaded with nutrients and green veggies.
This is ideal for batch cooking as you can prepare the chicken and broth in advance, freezing individual portions. Simply add the courgette noodles towards the end of reheating.
Servings: 4 people
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 large chicken thighs skinless and boneless
- 2 sticks of celery diced
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon of fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1 cup of tenderstem broccoli tough ends removed
- 1 cup of green beans sliced in half
- 1 medium courgette peeled into wide ribbons
- 1/2 medium white onion finely diced
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan or casserole dish over a low/medium heat. Add the onion and celery and sweat until tender.
- Add the garlic and herbs and stir well to combine, cooking gently until fragrant.
- Add the chicken thighs to the pan along with the stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cooked thighs from the pan and shred into bite sized chunks using two forks.
- Return the chicken to the pan with the green beans and broccoli and simmer for a further 5 minutes uncovered.
- Add the courgette noodles to the pan and stir well, cooking for a minute or two until just tender.
Calories: 233kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 14g | Fiber: 3g